
5 months old. She is still such a cuddle bunny, sometimes I just have a hard time putting her down - I want to hold her and squeeze her and - well, I fall short of wanting to call her George - but I do kiss her sweet little head and face all the time. Olivia is now sleeping in her crib (vacating the pack & play in mama & daddy's room) - sharing a room with her big sister Hannah. Indeed, it's hero worship. Whenever Hannah comes near her, a huge grin breaks across her pretty little face. (Hannah doesn't seem to notice - in fact often feels that Olivia or BeeBee as she now refers to her is a slight annoyance).

The girls both go down at about 9:00 each evening. If Olivia is grousing, Hannah will babble, as if to tell her it's all okay and Olivia calms down not long after. I really enjoy listening to it on the monitor, chuckling at the sweetness of it all.
She tried her first taste of rice cereal and judging by the disgusted look on her face, she doesn't seem to be in any great hurry to consume solids just yet. She's starting to be able to sit (albeit very briefly) on her own, kicks with great vigor during her baths, making Windex & paper towels a staple in the evening routine and complaining loudly if she is ignored for too long.
One morning, I was on the floor, having changed her diaper and grabbing some clothes to put on her. She was laying on her back on the floor, swinging her feet, grabbing them and greedily sucking on her toes when I turned away - for seriously - 5 seconds. When I turned back, she was very comfortably residing on her tummy. Wha? When did she learn how to do that? That seems to be Olivia's way. No fan fare, no lead up - just doing it when she's ready. That's how she rolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment